Thursday 21 March 2013

Kreatima

In advance of this week's DIY, I am posting our inaugural "Stockholm Directory".  Where to go for design, furniture, lighting, crafts or anything inspiring in the central Stockholm area.

But first a little background:

When I first came to Sweden, and even before, I looked over the internet to find resources for myself and for an upcoming renovation.  I couldn't find anything.  But how could this be?  How can the "Capital of Scandinavia", the land of design, only have one interior design store?  You know the one I mean. Well here's the thing about Sweden, pretty much everyone speaks perfect English, but they don't speak English.  If you can't Google in Swedish, you won't find anything.  And then there's the tricky situation with finding a perfect translation.  It can be a very daunting task.

I hope to make things easier for you by charting the places I find.

Kreatima 

 

Where to go in Stockholm -Kreatima - Norrmalm
I originally walked into this store thinking I had finally found an art supply store.  I had been looking for one for some time and a lovely Artist that I had met did refer me to one but I forgot the name and then that language issue came up when I tried to Google it and I was back to square one.  When I stumbled across Kreatima on Kungsgatan near Central Station, I was thrilled to know that I had found a place where I could find the basics; pens, pencils, canvas, paints... but Kreatima has everything.  Everything for small projects, DIY, fine arts and beyond.  They even have mosaic tile, decorative glass film, wall paint and wallpaper by the meter.  You can even get smaller squares of wallpaper that were left over on the roll for 9kr (less than $1.50).  Definitely worth checking out.

Kreatima
Kungsgatan 58
111 22 Stockholm

Kreatima.se 


No comments:

Post a Comment